Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hey guys.

We had an assignemnt for a ride against cancer. We were instructed to make a postcard (4 x 6), and illustrate a cover for it.

I had trouble coming up with an idea for my design. Then I came across quite a few typography posters and loved them all. So i decided to make my own. My original idea was to have a bike riding down a road, all in typography. But that didn't work out so well, The bike didn't turn out exactly as I wanted it. So I changed my idea. I came up with an idea for a girl surrounded by insipiring words.

Please let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa, this is amazing! Do you mind sharing the technical process of how you made this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure. Its pretty easy. Just find an image you would like to use, open it in photoshop. Go to the select drop down menu, and select by color range. Then you select by Midtones press okay, then CMD + J to copy it into a new layer. Do the same again, but select by shadows. Lock the transparency of each new layer. On the shadow layer, shift + delete and fill with black, do the same with midtones, but fill with 50% grey. Merge the two layers.

    Create a new layer with a bunch of type on it. Create a layer mask.

    Select the merged layer with your shadow and midtones, and press CMD + A to select all and then copy. Hold option and click on the layer mask. CMD + P. You may need to inverse your mask if it doesn't show up correct.

    sorry if that is a little confusing.

    ReplyDelete